Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 1: Lisbon, Portugal. 里斯本, 葡萄牙.

I am home! This my home in Lisbon.

The main lobby of the hostel.

4 people room, pretty spacious. I got the upper bunk.

The common area where you can hang out and watch TV/DVD.

Since I was not able to check-in for the hostel (Check-in time is at 2pm), I was just in time for the walking tour. 


This is one of the oldest bar serving Ginjinha (It is made by sour cherry).


Our tour guide, Pita.

This is actually pretty good! We shared the bottle to reduce the cost.

Train station.

National Republican Guard


 

I heard he is the first rapper in Lisbon. I forgot who he is but I heard he was good at imitating other people.


Thank you Pita for the great walking tour!

Lunch for today, some kind of fish dish. The meal includes main course, drink, and coffee and it only costs Euro 7.50. 

Really strong coffee.

After lunch, we decided to take the Tram and tour around the city. This is the inside view of the Tram 28.


Tram 28.

This bridge looks just like Golden Gate bridge! According to the Hostel, it's designed by the same person who designed Golden Gate Bridge. (Have to look into this and verify)

Can you spot the Santa Justa Elevator in the middle? I will take a better picture of it tomorrow.

View from Castelo De. S. Jorge.



Tonight's menu.

My fellow backpackers! The hostel is not as pack today, only 20 people attended the dinner.

Soup.

Appetizer.

Main course.

Dessert.

Sagres is actually pretty smooth. Not bitter at all.

Mama's chair. Lucky enough to sit next to her.

Mama! Everyone's mama in Lisbon.

Good night world. Have to wake up early to reserve my Wednesday night train to Madrid.






No comments:

Post a Comment