Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 12: Vatican City + Rome, Italy; 梵蒂岡 + 羅馬, 義大利

Visited the Vatican City today. I only get to visit St. Peter's Basilica since the line to get in there is way too long! I waited 2 hours just to get in there. I will visit the museum tomorrow.
今天只參觀了梵蒂岡的聖彼得大教堂. 光是排隊就要等兩個小時. 明天會去參觀博物館.

St. Peter's Square. Hello Pope. I am here to hang out with you for a day!
聖彼得廣場.


Look at the long lines. Crazy.
這些人都是在排隊

Waited for 2 hours, but it's worth the wait.





Heading up to see the Dome of St. Peter's Basilica. I paid 7 Euros so I can take the elevator and skip the first 300 stairs. Which is worth it at the end since the walking up to the dome is a long journey.


The elevator takes you here and you are on your own now.

It's a long journey to head to the top. This is just the beginning.




Such a windy journey to get to the top of the dome.

But it's worth the walk. The view of Rome from the Dome of St. Peter's Basilica.


Some buildings at the Vatican city. I wonder what these are?


Pretty garden. Too bad we can't walk around there.





Can you see the people on top of the dome? It's packed up there.


The inside view of the St. Peter's Basilica.



The bronze statue of St. Peter.

Everyone is touching his feet. I did that as well.


This is the air vent.
這是地下通風口.








Swiss guard! This is their official uniform (Blue, red, orange, and yellow).
主教瑞士衛隊. 主教的禁衛軍. 這是他們的制服.



This is their regular duty uniform.
這是他們正常執勤的制服.

After touring St. Peter's Basilica, I went to get lunch. And of course, beer.

What I had for lunch: Mushroom, ham, olive, artichoke, and egg pizza. I thought this is a weird combination at first but it's actually pretty good. Thin crest and it's just great.
午餐: 蘑菇, 火腿, 橄欖, 蛋披薩.

Heading to Spanish Steps after lunch to join the walking tour.

Since I got here early, I decided to get dessert.



I got biscotto and limone flavor.

Here you go Jim, the Spanish steps.
西班牙廣場

Sitting here and waiting for my walking tour tour guide.

The walking tour is informative. But since it started at 5:30, I didn't really pay attention. (I was tired)
這一次的 walking tour 5:30 開始所以我沒有很認真聽 (累了)


You can see the drinking fountain everywhere. They said the water is clean that people can drink it directly but I decided not to (Just to be safe). The water is really cold!

Galleria Alberto Sordi. First shopping mall at the historic centre of Rome.

Column of Marcus Aurelius.

Church of San t'lganizo.


Look at the painting on the ceiling.

This is not a dome, it's actually a painting. The ceiling is flat.
這其實是用畫出來的. 屋頂是平的.

Dinner at L'archetto after the walking tour. My tour guide recommend me to try this. It's packed with people so I had to sit at the basement.
今天的晚餐在 L'archetto. Walking tour 的導遊介紹的. 這間人太多了所以只好到地下室吃晚餐. 整間餐廳都是滿的!

I got a quarter liter of white wine by myself.

Pisellino - Shrimps, cream, peas, and parmesan cheese.

Fonatana de Trevi.
許願池. 

I tossed 3 coins over my left shoulder.
丟了三個硬幣. 希望可以重返羅馬.

Pantheon.
萬神殿. 萬神殿圓頂中央是空的.

Colonna Marco Aurelio

It is still busy at night at Spanish Steps.

Heading back to the hostel by metro so I can edit my blog and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment