Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 8: Barcelona, Spain; 巴賽隆納, 西班牙

Today is Gaudi day! I booked the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia last night so I don't have to wait in line for tickets.
今天特別給戈地! 昨晚預約了聖家堂所以不用排隊!

My reservation is at 12:30.
我預約時間是十二點半.

Since I got here early, I get to try MCDs at Spain!
提早到, 所以試西班牙麥當當!


Look at the crazy line.
排隊排好長 (沒預約的)

Waiting.

Still waiting... but luckily, I didn't have to wait.

I did, so I didn't have to wait!
這寫說: 網路買票吧!

Entering.


I think this is his office? Not sure.


Classroom?







Stunning. 
好美.

I can't stop taking pictures.
我一直照相, 一直拍一直拍. 太美了.

Taking the elevator upstairs.

I didn't have to wait. I took this after I got down.
我沒有排到隊 (很幸運). 這是我下來之後拍的.

Still have to walk up a little bit after the elevator.
電梯到樓頂之後還需要爬點樓梯.

Still completing. The fund to build it is from donations and ticket. I guess I contributed a few blocks since the ticket (Including visiting the tower) is 19.30 Euro.
還在建造. 經費來源來自捐款或是門票. 我猜我貢獻了幾塊磚頭因為我的門票要 19.30 歐元 (包括上塔, 一般門票 14.80 歐元).








The balcony. 
陽台.


Scary view from the balcony. 
從陽台看下去, 有點可怕. 


I was so nervous. 
我好緊張.



You can't see the bottom. (I do this on purpose, wait for the next picture)
你看不到下面 (我故意的, 看下一張照片)

I almost peed my pants after I see this. I am glad I went to pee before I get up. (I sat on the stairs to take this picture, too scared to lean forward)
我看到之後差點漏尿. 還好上來前有上廁所. (我坐著拍這張照片, 我不敢往前頃拍這張照).

After 300+ stairs (I forgot the exact number), a wet tshirt and palm, I finally made it!
三百階之後 (我忘記正確的數字), 溼透的 tshirt,  跟手掌, 我終於下來了!


Now I can tell everyone that I visited Barcelona! If you didn't visit Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, you cannot say you visited Barcelona!
現在我可以跟大家說: 我來過巴賽隆納了! (巴賽隆那人說: 沒有看過聖家堂不代表來過巴賽隆納)



This is not the stairs I went down.
這不是我下來的樓梯.






Look at the detail. This is awesome experience.





Gaudi!
戈地!

It takes very long to complete it. It should be done in 2026.
預計 2026 完成. 有人想來嗎? 先來訂一團吧?




The OG side of Basilica of the Sagrada Familia. Thanks Gaudi, I will be back!

After visiting Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, I went to the main station to book my train for tomorrow. This is one of the Metro station. 
參觀聖加堂之後, 我去車站預約明天的車票. 這是其中一個捷運站的景.

Busy busy.


Today is 25 degrees Celsius?
今天 25 度?

My dessert. I think it is a peach pie.
我的點心. 好像是桃子派.

Visited Casa Batllo again.
又去了巴特婁之家一趟.


Casa Milla.
米勒之家.

I am so lost I don't know where I am... but I am finally back at the hostel!
亂走之後... 我迷路了... 但是走到快鐵腿時終於到青旅了!

Tonight is Paella night at the hostel! I will post some pictures after dinner.

This is the kitchen at the hostel. Good open kitchen for everyone to cook. I am too lazy for this trip. Maybe next time.
這是這間青旅的廚房. 非常寬敞. 大家可以買菜回來煮. 這次太懶了, 也許下次吧?

Homemade Paella!

Met some good friends from Tokyo, Japan (Yurie and Emi). They have been traveling for a long time now. They will be on the road for 6 months.

Domo Domo! Great to meet you guys!

The paella was good! Too busy eating.


Great friends at the hostel. Greg, Clint, Tim, and Allison. The guys are from Australia and the girl is from France.
男生們從澳洲來, 女生是法國人.

Last but not least.

This is my best friend, neighbor (upper bunk), and roommate in Barcelona. Her name is Vicky and she is from South Africa. She is pro at blogging. I should learn a few tricks from her. It's great to know her at the hostel. Without her, I probably will not have a chance to meet the other hostlers.
她是我的好朋友, 鄰居, 室友. 她叫 Vicky, 來自南非. 她很會寫部落格. 我應該跟她討教幾招的. 我很開心可以認識他, 沒有他我可能不會認識這麼多人.

Best of luck at everything Vicky! I hope I will see you again soon.

This is my room by the way. It's a 6 people room. You can't see my bed, it's lower bunk on the left.
這是我房間 (六人房). 你看不到我的床, 我睡下層在門邊

Another view of my room. Heading to Nice tomorrow!


Want to be a backpacker? If you are interested, I would like to share with you on a few tips I've learned so far:
看了這七天的部落格, 你/妳想當背包客嗎? 目前學到了一些東西可以跟你們分享.

1. Choose the right showering time. Sometimes the water can be cold at the hostels when you want to shower. Try showering in the morning since everyone is still asleep (Recovering from a good night at the bars, hangover, sleep in, just fell asleep... etc). If there is hot water, take full advantage of it and shower during that time.
1. 洗澡要選對時間. 有一些青年旅館的水不一定整天都是熱的. 如果你想要洗熱水澡, 早上會是個不錯的選擇. 大部份的人都還在睡覺 (喝醉, 宿醉, 睡懶覺, 剛睡著?!) 要不然就出門或 check-out了. 如果有熱水, 馬上去洗澡吧!

2. Learn how to speak the basic local language, it can go a long way. I only know how to say "Hello, good morning. How are you? Can you speak English? Thank you, good bye" but it helped me a lot when I needed help. They locals appreciate you to put into the effort to speak their language and respect them. Of course, I should learn how to say "Can I get a beer please". Beer is my essential for my meals now.
2. 學會當地的語言. 只要學會基本的就夠了. 我只會說: 你好, 早安. 你會說英文嗎? 謝謝, 再見. 只要學會這幾句, 當地人就會很開心的想幫忙 (因為你尊敬當地人). 當然, 我目前還要學 "可以給我一杯啤酒嗎?" 啤酒是我每餐的必需品.

3. Don't be afraid, try everything when there is an opportunity. Try all the food, beer (Especially I am in Europe), walking/biking tour. You don't know when you will be back again so why not try everything?
3. 不要害怕, 只要有機會就嘗試新的東西. 試試看新的食物, 啤酒(特別是我在歐洲), walking/biking tour. 你不知道你什麼時候會再回來, 為什麼不要嘗試呢? 

4. Talk to people. You can talk to the locals or your fellow backpackers, you will receive a lot of information and stories. I am sure one of the stories will inspire you/me. I have met lots of people on the trip so far and they all have stories to share. I met friends from:  My fellow Americans (Of course), Australia, Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Japan, Malaysia, South Africa... and many other countries and they are great people to talk to.
4. 盡量跟其他人聊天. 你可以跟當地人或背包客聊天. 你會吸收到很多資訊跟故事. 我相信其中一個故事可以影響你! 我目前遇到也認識很多人. 目前遇到: 美國同鄉, 澳洲, 阿根廷, 巴西, 法國, 德國, 日本, 馬來西亞, 南非... 等其他國家. 大部份的背包們都很健談.

5. Join a walking tour. Walking tour is free but tip is encouraged. Based on my understanding, they do not get paid by their company, they make money from the tips. Plus you will learn a lot about the city from the walking tour than reading a book by yourself.
5. 加入 walking tour (我知道會很累, 但是很值得). 我加入的 walking tour 都是年輕人帶的. 據我所知, 他們沒有薪水. 他們的薪水都是從觀光客的小費而來. 你覺得他替你解說值多找錢就給他多少小費 (我都給五歐). Walking tour 可以讓你更認識這個城市 (總比看書好! 我很討厭看書 哈!)

I am still traveling and learning but I will share some more tips along the way. Good luck everyone and
我還在旅行所以每天都有新的東西可以學. 到時候再分享吧.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog.
希望你們喜歡我的部落格.

No comments:

Post a Comment