Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 13: Rome, Italy; 羅馬, 義大利

The internet has been very unstable so the recent blogs are more simple. 

I started my day by visiting the Vatican Museum!
今天從參觀梵蒂岡博物館開始.

Painting of Adam and Eve.
雅當夏娃.

This is a really neat piece.

I took a quick trip to Egypt as well. 
我從羅馬到埃及一日遊?

They have a collection on mummies. I didn't want to take a picture because I don't want to wake them up.
梵蒂岡博物館什麼都有! 包括木乃伊. 我以為我到埃及了. 我沒有拍木乃伊因為不想吵醒他們.



Sfera con sfera


The ceiling is really neat. Each room has different designs.
所有的屋頂都做的特別細膩.




The model of the Vatican City.

A fancy staircase to exit the museum.

It has been so hot in Rome, saw a gelateria packed with people so I decided to give it a try.
羅馬這幾天很熱, 往車站走的路上發現一間義大利冰淇淋店. 排隊都排到外面了當然要試一下!



I chose mango and strawberry today.
今天選擇芒果和草莓口味!

This is a "taco truck" in Rome. The only difference is that they often sell pizzas and gelato. The owner of this truck is really nice. He gave me a piece of lemon cake after I bought some snacks. (He probably thinks I'm hungry).
這是羅馬的 "Taco truck" 唯一的差別就是他們不賣墨西哥餅, 他們賣冰淇淋或披薩. 這個老板人很好, 我買了小點心之後他給了我一塊檸檬蛋糕. 我猜他想說我肚子餓吧.


Thanks for the cake!



Today is a big day. Pope is doing a mass and the St. Peter's Basilica is closed. I chose a right time to visit.
今天樊蒂岡是個大日子. 教宗要做彌撒. 聖彼得教堂今天打烊, 我猜我選對時間參觀了.


I spot something familiar.
看到了一樣很面熟的東西.

Taiwan flag! This is Taiwan's only embassy in Europe.
沒錯, 台灣國旗! 這是台灣在歐洲唯一的一間大使館.



I got lost. Instead of finding my way I found this!


Lunch for today: Lasagna
午餐: 千層麵

Headed to the Coliseum after lunch. 

Long time no see, old friend. I've been here when I was a kid but I didn't remember anything. But I will remember this trip.
老朋友, 好久不見. 小時候來過一次但是都沒有印象. 但是我一定會記得這次的旅程.






It is quiet and calm at the Coliseum but I can sense the gladiators fighting for survival







View of Vittoriano and Campidoglio.

Hello there!



Bocca Della Verita. If you lie it will bite you!
真理之口, 據說只要說謊就會被咬住.

I am glad he didn't bite me.
還好沒被咬.


This was a really steep climb. Did I do it? Yes, why not! I think I counted 123 stairs. I might be off.
這個樓梯很陡, 感覺很高. 我有爬嗎? 當然! 根據我算一共有 123 階. 我的數字可能不對, 算到一半就眼花了.


View from the top.
爬到頂了.

I guess it is worth the climb. 
我猜爬這趟很值得!



Campidoglio.



Vittoriano.

Dinner tonight at Alle Fratte di Trastevere. It is at the Trastevere area. My friend, Valentina recommend to try food at this area since it's more authentic and local. Dear Valentina, did I try the right restaurant?
這是今天晚餐的餐廳. 在火車遇到的朋友 Valentina 介紹我到這一區 (Trastevere) 吃東西因為這邊是當地人在吃的.

My dinner: Fettuccine Alla Bolognese - Fettuccine with a tomato and ground beef sauce, glass of white wine, and a bottle of gas water (Fancy huh? Just kidding, I ordered wrong kind of water).

Treating myself with dessert: tiramisu.
犒賞自己一塊提拉米蘇.

Ending my day with a night shot of the Coliseum.

Good night, Rome.


No comments:

Post a Comment