Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 7: Barcelona, Spain; 巴賽隆納, 西班牙.

Today is day 7 of my trip. I can't believe it's been 7 days already. I guess time flies when you are having fun. Went on a walking tour and bike tour today.

Look at the dragon. You can see a lot of dragons in Barcelona.

The girl on the left is our tour guide. Her name is Hannah and she is from Finland.
這是我們今天的導遊. 他叫 Hannah, 她來自芬蘭.

Placa de Sant Felip Neri (Sant Felip Neri Square).

Sunday is a busy day. 

Gothic Quarter.
哥德區


Caganer (It is very popular in Catalonia, a strong Christmas tradition). He poops to give you good luck. It symbolizes fertilization. 

Generalitat palace.

Barcelona Town Hall. 

This symbolizes the traditional sport in Barcelona - Castell (Human tower). I think they actually stacked people that high! It was a record. The person on the top is usually a kid since kids are lighter.
這個地標代表巴賽隆納的傳統運動 - Castell (人塔).

The little sign with a man and horse is pointing at the direction where you can exit. This community is like a maze.

Space Invader!

Of course, I have to get a beer for lunch.

Lunch for today: Tortilla. (Egg, potato) 
傳統 TAPA 之一: Tortilla (蛋跟馬鈴薯)

The statue is Christopher Columbus. He is pointing at Africa I think. 

Happy lobster!

Barcelona Head. This is also the meeting point for the biking tour.

Since I am here early (We are meeting at 4pm), I get to walk around and take some pictures.

Another side of the Barcelona Head.

This is my best friend for the next 3 hours.
走完 walking tour 之後, 輪到腳踏車 tour!

This is our biking tour tour guide.

I'm ready to roll!

Look how fast I am going... not really.

I thought I was in Dubai. This is W Hotel.


Barceloneta Beach.


Heading toward Gaudi's master piece, Basilica of the Sagrada Familia. Can you spot it?
前往戈地的代表作, 聖家堂. 有看到嗎?

This was a stadium for bull fighting. Barcelona banned bull fighting 3 years ago and now it is used for other events.
這原本是鬥牛場. 巴賽隆納在三年前禁止鬥牛. 現在這個場地用於其他活動.

Almost there.

We are here! Basilica of the Sagrada Familia. They are still working on it. They have been working on it for a long long time. You can tell the difference (The older one is on the right side). It should be done in 2026.

Stunning. I will go in and visit tomorrow. I had to make a reservation online in order to avoid the long line.



Another Gaudi's work. Casa Milla.
米勒之家.

Casa Batllo.
巴特婁之家



Bikes have to wait for traffic lights as well.


Gaudi Font.


I got so tanned.



Dinner.


My dinner: TAPA (Bread with tomato sauce? Fried potato), also local Barcelona orange beer.

Got another beer at the hostel to end my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment