Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 2: Lisbon, Portugal (Belem); 里斯本, 葡萄牙 (貝倫區)

Since I was lazy to bring my T3i today, I used iPhone and GoPro Hero3 for most of the shots.

My plan for today: Belem.

I forgot to take a picture of mama's kitchen yesterday. Breakfast is self serve, mama only cooks dinner. What we had for breakfast: Scrambled egg, sausage, bread, cereal, orange juice/tea/coffee. 

The first stop of Belem, Pasteis de Belem. Founded in 1837. They have the best egg tart!
里斯本最有名的糕餅店在貝倫區 (Pasteis de Belem), 葡式蛋塔的老家.

創立於 1837 年.

4 and a half stars on tripadvisor.

Long line for the egg tarts.

Do you want one as well? Or are you telling us to line up properly?


They have other pastry as well.

Look at those fresh baked egg tarts!
剛出爐的蛋塔! 拿到手還是溫的!

One egg tart is 1.05 Euro.
一個蛋塔 1.05 歐元.

Have to eat it with icing sugar and cinnamon.
要加糖粉跟肉桂粉在蛋塔上.

It's still warm!

Since I am the only person in Lisbon, I have to represent everyone and enjoy the tart!

Mosteiro dos Jeronimos
哲羅姆派修道院




The back of the Padrao dos Descobrimentos.
發現者紀念碑.

Taiwan! Haha

Also found the US!


Is this why SF is always cold?

Padrao dos Descobrimentos.
發現者紀念碑.


Torre de Belem. I think this was a fort for scouting and jail cell.
貝倫塔. 這座高塔用於監視船隻, 炮台, 水牢.


The cellar is so short, I almost have to crawl into it.

So pro that I can get 4 different attractions in one picture. You can see the Padrao dos Descobrimentos, "Golden Gate Bridge", and Cristo Rei.

The staircase is so narrow that we have to wait to go up/down.

I think this is how they scout for enemies? (The pretty wristband is the key for my Hostel. All I need is to scan, very convenient)

Since I am leaving for Madrid tomorrow, I have to see if Lisbon have burgers that we don't have in the States.
明天晚上就要坐夜車去馬德里了, 去麥當當看看有什麼特別的漢堡!

Got a CBO for lunch. 
叫了一個 CBO (不知道裡面有什麼???)

The sandwich is alright, not my favorite.
結果還好而已...


I will update our dinner later tonight. Got back to the hostel early to rest, so I was able to organize the photos. (This is my room, a quiet area for me since my roommates are out. Got to update my blog/find the next hostel). I figured in order to get the most authentic Portuguese dish, I have to eat with mama! 

Dinner starts at 8:30 pm. Looking forward to see mama again.

As promised, time to show the picture of dinner! The menu is on the right.

Traditional Portuguese dish - Traditional bean stew with pork and chourico. (It doesn't look as good on the photo, but it tasted good!)

Omelette with meat. 


Lemon merengue pie.

We also had a beer and Sangria.

Overall, the Home Hostel is really good, I would recommend everyone to stay here and visit mama! Of course, I will miss my Lisbon mama and her food.


No comments:

Post a Comment