Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 5: Madrid, Spain; 馬德里, 西班牙

Went to book my train to Barcelona today. I think I am actually one day ahead of my schedule, guess the jet lag is not out of my system yet... The station for my train is called Atocha, it's really pretty since there is a "forest" inside.
今天去了 Atocha 車站預約明天早上的車票, 準備要去巴賽隆那了. 這個車站很漂亮, 裡面有座森林!



I feel like I am in a jungle, not a train station.

This is the restaurant for lunch.

Got a calamari sandwich and a beer! I think you will love this sandwich James. It's delicious and the portion is generous!!!!!

Tapa (What they serve you when you order alcohol, different kind of food each time).
Tapa = 下酒菜?


A special view in the restaurant. This is a standing/sitting bar. I eat at the bar because it will be cheaper than sitting inside/outside. (3 different prices for the same item).


Museo Reina Sofia.
蘇菲亞皇后藝術中心


The plaza in the Museo Reina Sofia.

Another view of the Atocha Station.

This is a library.

Queen Sofia Arts Center


After lunch, walked around Retiro Park (Parque del Retiro).



Palacio de Cristal.



Wrote a few post cards under the nice weather, I wonder who is lucky enough to receive postcards from Madrid? We will see!

Estanque.


Such a nice view.




This small alley way leads to something good... you will see very soon...

What's this place?

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

 Almost there......

Chocolate and churros!
巧克力跟 churro!

Chocolateria San Gines! The best chocolate and churro ever! A cup of chocolate and 6 churros for 3.80 Euros.

Met a wonderful couple here, they came from Atlanta to celebrate their anniversary. Got a chance to share my journey and I had a wonderful time talking to them! Happy 30th anniversary! Thank you for everything! Please take care and I hope I will see you again!


Forgot to take a picture of my hostel on the first day. My hostel is on the 4th floor.
第一天忘了拍青旅的照片, 我住四樓.

Tapa!

Dinner: Omelette with cheese and potato. 

Yum!

Taking a morning train at 8:30 tomorrow so the blog is a bit simple today. See you tomorrow Barcelona!

No comments:

Post a Comment