Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 4: Madrid, Spain; 馬德里, 西班牙

After spending 10 hours on the night train, I am here at Madrid! Finally got a chance to update my night train adventure and how I spent my first day in Madrid.

This is the train station in Lisbon. Got here an hour early just so I will not miss the train.
里斯本坐夜車的車站. 第一次坐夜車, 所以提早一個小時到車站!

My dinner, got 2 of these. It's really hard, still have one in my backpack.
昨天的晚餐. 有點硬, 還有一粒在背包裡.

This one is good.
這塊很好吃!

Here comes my night train! I got a 4 bed room.
夜車來了! 今晚睡四人房.

Travel time: Lisbon - Madrid: Approximately 10 hours.
里斯本 - 馬德里: 大約十個小時.

Met 2 Americans at the station, got a chance to exchange ideas on backpacking. They have more experience than me since they are older. (Since it's October, most of the backpackers are older than me. There are still some students, but they come from Europe. Most people quit their job or on a long vacation). 
*Thank you Jeff for taking the picture for me. Have fun in Madrid!

在車站遇到兩個美國人, 跟同鄉聊天感覺真好! 這兩個是老背包 (年紀可以當我爸了? 一個有孫子!). 在車站稍微交換一下心得. 現在是旅行淡季 (十, 十一月), 所以大部份都是老背包 (28+歲). 還是有學生, 只是都是歐洲來玩幾天的.
*傑夫看見我在照相, 自願幫我拍了這張. 感恩! 烈酒不要喝太多

This will be my bed for the next 10+ hours.
接下來這段旅程靠這張床了.

Pretty small room. They convert the day train seat into the bed. I don't think this is a day train though.
蠻小的房間, 他們把日間車轉換成夜間車. (椅子拉下來就是床). 這台應該不是日間車.

Me and my bed.

A small bar on the train. The person in the picture is one of my roommate, Ryan. He is a policeman in Australia. I told him I feel safer when he is in the room. haha! He told me he is on a 7 week vacation. (They get 7 weeks off a year!! Maybe I should become a policeman in Australia?!)

Cheers Ryan! Wish you the best on the rest of your trip. I hope I will see you when I visit Australia someday.

這是車廂裡的小酒吧. 圖裡的人是我的室友, Ryan. 他在澳洲當警察, 我告訴他他在車廂裡讓我感覺安全很多. Ryan 告訴我澳洲警察一年有七個禮拜的假 (也許我該去澳洲當警察?!).

Snack bar.
小點心. 車掌蠻酷的. 跟他說 obrigado (葡萄牙話謝謝), 他就一直說 obrigado obrigado obrigado...

One of the train station in Lisbon. How come my train station is not pretty like this one?

Good night, I will be in another country when I wake up.
晚安, 馬德里見. 整晚腦袋都在哼 馬德里不思議...

Bueno Dias Madrid! It was a pretty smooth ride. The train conductor will wake you up 30 minutes before arrival and return your ticket.
馬德里早安! 夜車蠻穩的. 車掌在抵達目的地三十分鐘前會叫你起床, 順便還你車票.

Got to walk around before the walking tour. Counting down for 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
蠻早到馬德里的, 所以在 walking tour 之前亂晃一下. 2014 FIBA 籃球世界杯倒數.

Puerta del Sol. "Gate of the Sun"
太陽門

The muse see landmark - The Madrid Bear.

View of the bear from the other side.



My breakfast before the walking tour. Ham sandwich and cheese sandwich.
早餐.

The Opera.

Royal Palace of Madrid.


Took 100 years to build this place.

A long line waiting for the exhibition. Didn't go visit.


Oldest restaurant.

金氏世界紀錄!

Our tour guide, Julia. She is from Switzerland and she is pretty! haha
我們今天的導遊: Julia. 他來自瑞士, 來馬德里兩個月了. 長得很漂亮! haha

Casa de la Panaderia



This is our lunch. Only 1 Euro for a sandwich. 
火腿三明治

One of Ernest Hemingway's favorite bars!
海明威以前常來的酒吧

Inside view.

Inside view of the bar.

After one beer, maybe I can get some inspiration from this bar as well?
喝了這杯酒不知道靈感會不會來?

Thanks Julia for the great tour!




The police wear cool caps here.
這邊的警察戴的帽子蠻酷的.

This is the center of the radial network of Spanish roads.

Dinner for tonight. Paella!
西班牙海鮮飯

Lasagna.

Ice cream for dessert.

Still very busy in Madrid.

Busy busy.

Good night world. All of my roommates tonight are from the Americas. (South America)
晚安! 今晚四個室友們都是從美洲來的. 只是他們都是南美 哈







































No comments:

Post a Comment