Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 17: Vienna, Austria; 維也納, 奧地利.

Tonight is a commute night for me, I will be spending a night on the train. I paid 39 Euros for the train ticket since I have the Eurail pass.
今天晚上在火車上過夜, 明天早上八點會到維也納. 我的預約費用是三十九歐元因為我有買鐵路券 (沒有的話更貴?).

This is my second night train of the trip so far. Heading to Vienna tonight. This will be my room for the next 11 hours, I have the upper bunk on the right. My roommates are a couple from Austria, they have to wake up at 4am since they will reach the destination at that time. I didn't even hear them when they left.
今晚是我第二次坐夜車. 這是我的房間, 四人房. 今晚只有三個人在這間房間. 另外兩個室友是一對來自奧地利的夫婦. 他們凌晨四點要下車. 他們離開時我完全沒聽到, 可見我睡得很沈.

My bed is so high up. I feel like I will die if I roll down.
我的床超級高, 感覺滾下來會摔死.

真的很高.

The ceiling is really close to me so I have to bend down in order to move around.
床離屋頂很接近, 所以不太好行動. 要做事都需要彎腰.

Look at the comfy bed that I made for myself!
床單要自己鋪上床, 好不容易把我的床整理好了.

Good night, I will see you in the morning.
晚安, 明天見!

The train conductor woke me up an hour before arrival. He returned my train ticket and he also brought me breakfast. I am the only person in the room now since the couple left already.
到維也納的前一個小時車掌過來叫我起床, 房間只剩我一個人了. 他還給我我的車票也順便帶早餐給我.


8 degree Celsius (46.4 degree Farhenheit)! It's going to be a cold day!
八度! 今天維也納一定很冷!

This will be my hostel for the next 3 days.

Since I was not able to check-in at the hostel (Check-in time: 2pm), I went on a walk with the walking tour.


During the walking tour, we get to walk through the traditional market.
傳統市場.



This is our tour guide, Charles. He is recommending us to try the restaurant behind him.

Vienna Secession.
分離派會館.



It is also known for the golden cabbage.
屋頂上的金黃圓球稱為 "金色高麗菜"


Vienna State Opera. I will try to see if I can get a standing ticket tomorrow.
國立歌劇院. 明天有機會去排隊看看有沒有站票吧.


Albertina.


Based on my tour guide, this is one of the famous food stands in Vienna. They specialize in wieners.
根據我的導遊, 這是維也納其中一間好吃的香腸店.

So what did I eat for dinner...?
所以我晚餐吃什麼呢...?

Of course, come back and try it!
當然囉, 就是回來試試看.

The person who works there said the one with cheese in it is the best (They have Regular, Spicy, or the one with cheese in it).
裡面的工作人員告訴我他們家香腸最好吃的是裡面有起士的 (他們有原味, 辣味, 或是裡面有起士的).

Look at the juicy wiener with cheese.



Science.

Wisdom.

Art.

The Spanish Riding School. The oldest riding school. The reason the name has "Spanish" is because the horses are Spanish breed.
西班牙騎馬學校. 全世界最古老的騎馬學校. 這間學校命名為西班牙是因為這裡的馬都是西班牙品種的.


The tower has 3 different clocks.

Imperial Palace.
維也納皇宮.

This is one of the most famous caffe in Vienna. I will come get a coffee tomorrow and relax.

Katy Perry?!

Plague Column.


St. Stephen's Cathedral. The most important Catholic church in Vienna.
聖史蒂芬大教堂. 維也納最重要的天主教教堂.




Inside view of St. Stephen's Cathedral.

Meet Dinka, my best friend in Vienna. I met her during today's walking tour. She is from Bosnia and we decided to meet up again at night to do our "pub crawl". We walked around the city at night and had a few drinks. Had a great chat on everything.

It was great to meet you Dinka! I will definitely visit Bosnia if I have a chance!


This is where I had lunch for today. My tour guide recommend me this place since it is the place that locals like to eat at.
今天午餐是導遊介紹的. 這間都是當地人在光顧的.


Beef with some carrot soup? Perfect hot meal for a cold weather like today.

This is the entrance for the Metros. There are no doors blocking you. This is a honor system, all you have to do is to buy the ticket and sticking it into the machine to activate it (It will stamp date/time).
維也納地鐵採取榮譽制. 這是他們的路口, 沒有柵欄或是工作人員檢查你的票. 你只要把卡插進藍色小箱子裡開卡就好 (會蓋印章: 日期, 時間).


After the walking tour and lunch, I can finally check-in to my room! Standard 4 bed room with ensuite.
Walking tour 加午餐之後, 終於可以 check-in 了. 這是四人房加一間公用廁所.

No one checked in yet.
還沒有人 check in. 我是唯一目前一個人在房間裡.

Night view of St. Stephen's Cathedral.




Hoher Market Clock.


My throat is not feeling too well so I am going to sleep now. I fell asleep before putting on my jacket during the train ride. I want to feel better soon so I can try the wiener schnitzel. Hope you enjoy the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment